Keeping track of Client Visits is the heart of the system. A wealth of information can be tracked for each visit. The system allows you to schedule visits in advance and record them as Clients come to the Pantry.
Most Food Pantries serve Clients on a walk-in basis. If your operations use Scheduling, see Schedule Visit below. To enter a New Visit, first, Select a Client. Note at the Bottom of the Screen the Client’s Last Visit Date is shown along with a count of the number of days since their Last Visit as well as their Household Size. You can select a Previous Visit in the drop-down box and Click on the Previous Visit button to see information about that visit. Note that you cannot edit this screen unless you click on Allow Edits and Enter the Security Code. You can also print out a Summary of that visit by clicking on the Print Intake from Visit button, Click on New Visit on the Main Screen.
Click on New Visit to record the current visit. The appearance of the screen and the data that you will collect will depend on what Options you have set in Options, System Options, Visits tab. The values in the dropdowns will depend on the values that are set in the Picklists.
This is where the main summary information is entered.
- Visit Type: Standard, Emergency, Intake, and Referral are the default values. This is meant to describe the overall nature of the visit.
- Household Block – Information about the Household makeup.
- SNAP – Particulars about SNAP Benefits or an explanation as to ineligibility.
- Miscellaneous: This includes a Reason for Visit dropdown. Whereas the Visit Type typically describes what they are here for, Reason for Visit describes why they are here.
- Contact Information: Entering the Zip Code will populate the City, State, and County automatically. – The contact information is populated with the information from the Edit Client window.
- Transportation: Particulars about how they came to the Food Pantry.
This lists each of the Household Members with a variety of information about each.
The Additional Tabs will be present if they are set in System Options.
- Housing: Information about their current housing arrangement
- Employment: The employment status of each Household Member who is employed. There is also a checkbox for whether anyone in the household is employed (default is no).
- Income: This covers additional income other than employment such as SSI, SNAP, etc.
- Expenses: The default values are Rent/Housing, Utilities, Medical, Other
- Services: Records various services which the Food Pantry or other external agencies may provide other than Food or Clothing, (i.e., Counseling).
- Distribution: Typically, Food Packages and Clothing. If a quantity is entered, inventory is adjusted accordingly. Assuming this is not the first visit, on the right panel you will see Previous Distributions.
- Comments: Text areas for comments (General, Employment, and Housing).
Once you have closed this form you can go back and edit this information by going to the Main Menu and choosing this Visit Date and clicking on the Previous Visit. Then click on Allow Edits and Enter the Security Code which you set in Options.