Within the Client Maintenance section, there are two buttons: Add New Client and Edit Client, which display the New/Edit Client screen. The only difference in their operation is that you must first Select a Client from the Select Client Panel before clicking on Edit Client.
To Add a New Client, click on the Add New Client button. This displays the Main Screen which has two sections. On the Left is a list of fields which describe the Household. Depending on how the Options have been set, some of these fields are required, some will generate a warning if not entered and some are optional.
The Following Fields Are Displayed:
- First, Last, Middle Name
- Birth Date – You can enter the Date in mm/dd/yy or mm/dd/yyyy format, or use the Date Picker icon to choose from the Popup Calendar.
- Status – A Picklist value which is a primary filter which is used by many functions to limit what clients are viewed or included in a report. Standard values are Active, Inactive and Suspended. Note that these filters do not limit reports
- Account Number (Options to auto-number)
- Custom ID field (Enable in System Options)
- Custom ID Type field (Enable in System Options)
- Veteran in Household
- Category – a user-defined field that can represent some relevant classification based on your operation.
- Alert – Checking this will display Alert Notes when this Client is picked in Select Client on the Main Screen
- Interview Date
- Registration Date – If the maximum number of days or months between registration dates is entered [Options, System Options, General] then if the registration date is older than the maximum the user is notified when the Client is picked in Select Client on the Main Screen.
- Client Since
The Right Side of New/Edit Client has Eight (8) Tabs
- Contact Info – Complete Address/Phone/Email Information
- Picture – Upload a Client Picture
- Household Members – See below for a complete explanation
- Proxies – A proxy is someone who has been authorized to pick up Food Pantry items on behalf of the Client who is not a member of the household. There is a field for phone and a drop-down for relationship
- Documents – Documents are described by Document Type. There must also be a document on the computer to link to; you cannot create an entry without a link.
- Notes – Notes are any free-form text that you wish to create. Each note is date stamped and appears in the note area in reverse chronological order.
- Alert Notes – These are free-form text entries that will display on the main page when this Client is selected if the Alert box is checked in their profile.
- Income Notes – A free-form text entry for any special notes regarding income.
An important concept to understand is that the Client information is normally duplicated as a Household Member. You might think of it as creating the Household. The main record represents the household while the Household Members represent the actual persons in that Household.
Each Household Member is entered as a separate record.
Additional information is entered on this screen for each Household Member. Some of these fields may be required or generate warning notices if not answered depending on how Requirement options are set in Options, System Options/Data, Household Members Tab.