The Admin Options Screen is where you can control a wide variety of parameters. There are three tabs in this screen: General, Change Status, and Archive Data.
Edit Pick List Values – most of the data you enter is taken from pick lists (drop-down menus), which speeds up the entry process and ensures consistency in your data. In many cases they have starting values which you can Add To, Modify, Inactivate or even Remove (Note: A value can only be removed if it is not being used). For the major Picklists, you will see there are existing values. [Example: The client Status Picklist comes with three ready to use values – Active, Suspended and Inactive]. For each Picklist item there is an Order (the order in which an item will be displayed, lowest value first), a value (some descriptive name), a checkbox indicating it is being used, and a delete button [Note: A value can only be deleted if it is not in use in the existing data]. These are the current Picklist items (later versions of the software may have additional values). Note that bolded items have a starting set of values and are the items most commonly used by Food Pantries.
- Client Status
- Country of Birth
- Document Type
- Employment Status
- Employment Type
- Household Type
- Housing Type
- Identification Type
- Income Guideline
- Insurance Provider
- Inventory Item Type
- Primary Language
- Reason For Visit
- Time In District
- Transportation Type
- Transportation Unit
- Visit Category
- Visit Type
- Why Not SNAP?
Edit Income Items – This table lists the types of income sources Clients are likely to have. For each income type, there is a Descriptions (example, Social Security), an Order of Display, Frequency (Annual, Quarterly, Monthly, Weekly, Biweekly) and three checkboxes (Use in Income Calculations, Use in Expense Calculations) – which set the default values for these in the Edit Visit/Income tab – and an Is Active checkbox
Edit Expense Items – Similar to Edit Income Items and used for recording various expenses
Edit Inventory – This is a list of all inventory items your Food Pantry tracks. It uses the values in from the Inventory Type to describe inventory items (example: 10 lb box of food with a Type of Food). There is a Track Quantities checkbox if you keep the inventory of this item. There is a For Household or Household Member drop-down (for example, a 10 lb box of food would be consumed by a whole household while a Coat would be used by a single member). Quantity In stock shows the current inventory and when an item is distributed, the count is automatically reduced. As shipments of inventory items arrive, the count is manually adjusted with the additional items (example: current Quantity In Stock for Coats is 50 – you received 4 new coats so you enter a new value of 54). There is also an Is Active and Delete button
Edit Data Analysis Definitions – These values control the inclusion and appearance of data in the Data Analysis Summary Report. There is also a checkbox to choose which of these data items are included in the Special Statistical Report, a subset of the Data Analysis Summary Report.
Edit Defined Ranges Definitions, General Tab – Defined Ranges are used in summarizing data in the Defined Ranges Report. A useful example is the Rent Defined Range. You want to summarize the Rent of your Clients by household size and range of monthly rent. You can enter a series of household size ranges, rent ranges, and their corresponding description. When the Defined Ranges report is generated it will calculate counts for each combination of household size range and rent range. The report will group the information from the description.
These are the following Defined Ranges under the General tab.
- Rent Subsidy
- SNAP Count
- SNAP Amount
- Total Monthly Income
- Total Monthly Income by Household Size
- Total Yearly Income
- Total Monthly Expenses
- Total Yearly Expenses
- Households Served with Children
- Members Monthly Income
- Members Monthly Expenses
- Members Employment Income by Type
- Members Income by Income Type
- Members Expenses by Income Type
- Household Sizes
- Visit Frequency
Edit Defined Ranges Definitions, Bulk Add Ranges – This tab will allow you to quickly enter a group of household size ranges and the description and maximum and minimum values. When the Add button is clicked a cross product of the ranges with the household sizes will be created.
Edit Postal Codes, Cities, and Related Data – Enter Postal Code, City, County, State/Province and Country
Edit Age Ranges – These age ranges are used in the Data Analysis Summary report.
Edit Income Guidelines – Income guidelines are user-defined values for determining eligibility. Note that the program comes with a range of values grouped by Guideline descriptions (Up to 100%, 100% to 125%, 125% to 150%, 150% to 175% and Over Limit) and further broken down by Household size (1-8). These values are used in the Income Guideline Report.
Change Edit Code – Change the Edit Code. You should change the Edit Code for security reasons from the default value (1234)
System Options – There are three tabs on this screen: General, Visits and Household Members.
- Pantry Name
- Default Client Status for Select Client – Any Status shows all clients. Choosing another status such as Active filters out the remaining statuses
- Adult Age and Senior Age – these are used for defining the Children, Adult, and Senior age ranges for the Age Demographics section of the Data Analysis Summary report
- Special Statistical Report Title – Allows you to Customize the name of the Special Statistical Report
- Include Overall Section in Special Report – If checked, a summary section is included in the Special Statistical Report
- Addressing – enter a default State/Province, County, and Country
- What is the minimum number of days required between visits – you can enter a number of days which is required between visits; however, if a visit is attempted in fewer than this number, the system will warn you but not restrict you from creating a visit
- What is the maximum number of days between registration dates – used if you require some periodic re-registration If this value or the maximum months’ value is entered the user will be notified on the Select Client screen if a client has not been registered for more days/months specified
- What is the maximum number of months between registration dates – same as above by month count
- Income and Guidelines – Controls whether a Yearly Income is Required or if a warning is issued if no income is entered or if the yearly income is entered as zero.
- Over Limit Guideline Category – determines which Income Guideline category is used in the Income Guideline Exception report
- Visit Tabs – Determines which of the tabs will be visible on the Edit Visit screen. For example, if your organization does not maintain inventory control, you would probably uncheck this box. As installed, all the tabs are visible.
- General Tab – Determines whether SNAP, Miscellaneous and Transportation are displayed on the General Tab in Visits.
- Warnings and Requirements – Determines whether the specified fields are required or if a warning is displayed if the field is left blank.
- Special Ethnicity – You can enter a Special Ethnicity which will display as a checkbox for each household member. Leaving this field blank will suppress the checkbox display.
- Second Identification Label – You can enter Second Identification which will display as a checkbox for each household member. Leaving this field blank will suppress the textbox display.